70 Acts of Service to Celebrate 70 Years of Service!
To celebrate 70 years of service, we’re committing to 70 ACTS of service from partnering with the Make-A-Wish Foundation, to hosting community blood drives. But we need your help! If you have an act of service you think we should complete this year, we want to hear from you! Submit your idea below for consideration as we make our 70th year one to remember.
Our Acts of Service
Throughout the rest of this year, we’ll be updating this page with photos and information about what we are doing in the community for these acts of service.
- Make A Wish Toy Drive | We collected over 400 toys and gift cards that will be used to welcome Wish Kids and their families into the Make A Wish program.
- Shred Day | We held a free community shred day on May 7th at our High Street location in Frankfort. We helped 294 people safely dispose of their old documents.
- Backpack Snack of Franklin County | During our Shred Day event, we also collected $150 and a truck load of non-perishable food (approximately 750 items).
- Teacher Appreciation | Our Financial Education Department prepared baskets filled with snacks to show our appreciation of teachers we work with throughout the Commonwealth. We also sent donuts to schools in Frankfort to pay tribute to our Frankfort roots.
- American Heart Association's Central Kentucky Heart Walk | Commonwealth Credit Union team members took the message of better heart health to the streets, collecting over $23,000 to help fight heart disease and stroke, helping families and communities thrive.
- Make-A-Wish Walk for Wishes | Our team members volunteered their time at the Make-A-Wish Walk for Wishes to hand out waters, help with their photo booth, and cheer on the Wish Kids, their families, and their supporters.
- Blood Drive | In partnership with the American Red Cross, our team put together a Blood Drive at our High Street Branch. Volunteers put together snack bags for the donors and managed the donor appointments, filling up all of the available donor times.
- Make A Wish Toy Closet | When a child enters the Wish program, it can be somewhat of an overwhelming and scary time for them and their family. With so much uncertainty at that time, one thing the child can depend on is a fuzzy friend, a special doll, or an action hero figure that will be by their side from start to finish. In partnership with Make A Wish, we created the regions first Toy Closet that will be the centralized site for Wish toys, such as these, to be housed. The toy closet is located at our Hamburg Branch.