COMMITMENT TO SECURITY
At Commonwealth Credit Union, Security is our #1 Priority. We take our role as stewards of your money very seriously and value the trust you have placed in us.
PROTECTING YOUR ACCOUNTS
We are constantly monitoring our systems and providing safeguards against the newest phishing attempts, scams, cyber threats, and more. Our credit union is laser-focused on cybersecurity all day, every day.
Commonwealth Credit Union is committed to:
- Ensuring that our network security is operating with the most up-to-date software to guard against cyber attacks
- Automating cybersecurity protection 24/7
- Monitoring the Dark Web
- Maintaining a comprehensive disaster recovery strategy
- Adapting our security processes during times of heightened activity
PROTECT AGAINST FRAUD
You can play a part in our fight against fraudulent attempts.
- Change your passwords often and don’t use the same password across multiple platforms.
- Be sure of the source you are sharing your information with, whether it be when filling out an online application or scanning a QR Code.
- Be vigilant against any suspicious calls, emails, or text messages claiming to be Commonwealth Credit Union. Phishing attempts, scams, and cyber threats can mask their identity and make it look like you are being contacted by one of our team members.
- Please remember, Commonwealth Credit Union will never contact you and ask for your account number, social security number, digital banking password, or any other confidential information.
YOU'RE SAFE HERE
Credit union accounts are insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). Accounts with Commonwealth Credit Union are afforded this protection plus another $100,000 in Excess Share Insurance (ESI), for total protection of up to $350,000. You can rest assured, your money is safe with us.