At Commonwealth Credit Union, it all comes down to one thing: bettering lives. That means bettering the lives of our team, our members, and our communities. You see, bettering lives has a ripple effect. With the power of the ripple, something small can have an enormous impact.
So as you check out our latest press release, we challenge you to do something to better someone else's life by the end of the day, or at least by the end of the week. Are you up for the challenge?
- July 16, 2021 | Commonwealth Credit Union Announces Historic Partnership with Campbellsville University
While 2020 canceled many things, one thing it did not cancel was a landmark partnership between Commonwealth Credit Union and Campbellsville University. At a Ribbon Cutting, held on Thursday, July 15, the Commonwealth Credit Union Center for Health Sciences on the Harrodsburg Campus was officially opened. Read the full press release
- June 24, 2021 | Commonwealth Credit Union Named As Best-In-State Credit Union
With a clear vision and values that were created from the ground up, Commonwealth Credit Union has positioned itself to be a leader among financial institutions. They have earned numerous industry awards and are proud to be adding the Forbes Best-In-State Credit Unions 2021 designation as the #1 ranked credit union in Kentucky. Read the full press release
- June 17, 2021 | Commonwealth Credit Union Named as a Best Place To Work in Kentucky
The Best Places to Work competition is designed as a motivating initiative for companies to focus, measure, and move their workplace towards excellence. This is the third year in a row Commonwealth Credit Union has been awarded this honor. Read the full press release
- June 7, 2021 | Louisville Parks and Recreation announces partnership with Robbie Valentine for free four-day youth basketball camp
With the support of sponsors, local basketball legend Robbie Valentine will host a free 4-day youth basketball camp at the KFC YUM! Center. Read the full press release
- May 31, 2021 | Commonwealth Credit Union Unveils Make-A-Wish Toy Closet at Lexington Branch
When a child enters the Wish program, it can be somewhat of an overwhelming and scary time for them and their family. With so much uncertainty at that time, one thing the child can depend on is a fuzzy friend, a special doll, or an action hero figure that will be by their side from start to finish. The toy closet, located at the credit union’s Hamburg Branch, will be the centralized site for Wish toys, such as these, to be housed. Read the full press release
- May 12, 2021 | Commonwealth Credit Union and LG&E Provide First-Ever Corporate Support to Louisville eSports
Louisville eSports announced today a significant milestone as Commonwealth Credit Union and Louisville Gas and Electric Company are now Founding Partners of the student-run eSports organization at the University of Louisville. Read the full press release.
- May 1, 2021 | Commonwealth Credit Union Named Community Impact Award Recipient
Bettering lives in the communities they serve has long been the mission of Commonwealth Credit Union. Their commitment to live this mission has been recognized by the YMCA of Central Kentucky, as Commonwealth Credit Union was named as the recipient of the 2020 Community Impact Award at a virtual ceremony on April 30. Read the full press release.
- March 31, 2021 | Commonwealth Credit Union Joins Forces with the University of Louisville to Break the Cycle of Hunger
The University of Louisville and Commonwealth Credit Union (CCU) have partnered to renovate the Cardinal Cupboard, a student-run food-pantry, on UofL’s Belknap campus. Commonwealth’s commitment will be used to complete a major renovation of the Cardinal Cupboard, support paid student workers for the pantry, as well as student scholarships. Read the full press release.
- March 15, 2021 | Commonwealth Credit Union Reaffirms Commitment and Support of West End Louisville Community
Furthering their commitment to financial empowerment, Commonwealth Credit Union announces their partnership with the Norton Healthcare Sports and Learning Complex in conjunction with the Louisville Urban League. They will serve as the exclusive credit union for the facility. Read the full press release.