A Passion for education
The communities we serve will tell you that Commonwealth Credit Union is no stranger to the classroom. That's why we were thrilled when Kentucky passed a law requiring all high school students to complete financial education programming. We immediately scaled up our program, Common Cents on Campus, which now fully aligns with - and exceeds - the Kentucky Department of Education’s Financial Literacy Standards for grades 9-12.
Common Cents on Campus
With Commonwealth Credit Union's Common Cents on Campus, you can explore individual topics and access a variety of learning courses. Plus, our Financial Education Team is available as a resource to develop custom relationships, facilitate workshops, and celebrate student success.
Focuses on 3 Core Areas of Action:
- Managing Money
- Paying for School
- Finding a Career
Delivered in Fun and Easy to Digest Ways Using:
- Interactive tools
- Courses and more!
Sample Courses include:
- Creating a budget and sticking to it
- Using credit cards responsibly
- Borrowing smart and preparing for higher education
- Finding scholarships to help pay for school
- Investing to build wealth
KFEC Money Academy
Commonwealth Credit Union also manages KFEC Money Academy
, which is funded by Kentucky Credit Unions and provided by the Kentucky Financial Empowerment Commission. All high schools in Kentucky are eligible to apply to use KFEC Money Academy.
Schools We Serve
Whether through our workshops or Common Cents on Campus, we connect with students at:
- Anderson County High School
- Burgin Independent High School
- Christian Academy of Lawrenceburg
- Franklin County High School
- Frankfort Independent High School
- Henry County High School
- Lexington Catholic High School
- Martha Layne Collins High School
- Mercer County High School
- Owen County High School
- Scott County High School
We'd love to add your school, or district, to the list.
Demo For Educators
Click on the button below to explore Common Cents on Campus as a guest. Select "Teacher Demo" at registration.