Exceeding the Standards, Together
The Kentucky Financial Empowerment Commission is proud to provide access to dynamic High School programming across the state. KFEC Money Academy is provided by the Kentucky Financial Empowerment Commission and powered by Commonwealth Credit Union.
The Standards aren't just something to check off. Meeting, and exceeding, the standards is an opportunity to create generational change in Kentucky. But you may be wondering, how is KFEC Money Academy different from other financial education platforms?
We're Kentuckians, just like you!
KFEC Money Academy is available to Kentucky High Schools and is managed in-state. The program is designed to help Kentucky students graduate with a greater understanding of how to build a bright financial future.
KFEC Money Academy meets the standards in a variety of ways.
In addition to short courses, KFEC Money Academy also offers content through articles, videos, infographics, tools, calculators, assessments, and more. There are thousands of pieces within three broad categories: Managing Money, Paying for School, and Finding a Career.
You’ve got options.
If nothing else, the last couple of years has taught us that flexibility is key. With that in mind, KFEC Money Academy offers three approaches that schools may use in their efforts to ensure each student completes the Financial Literacy requirement for graduation:
- The Four-Phase Approach – organizes content into four phases, building complexity over time to meet all standards.
- The Standards Approach – moves standard-by-standard with varying levels of complexity under each.
- The Complimentary Materials Approach – offers teachers flexibility in meeting the standards by pairing our content with their own.
Take a peek
(PDF, 469KB) at the different approaches and how they can meet the standards. (Registered schools will receive this document with live links.)
Students can take KFEC Money Academy with them!
KFEC Money Academy isn’t classroom specific. Instead, it's student-focused. With this structure, you can empower your students to access content 24/7. Students can search for scholarships, apply for jobs, get tips on buying their first car, and more. Now and in the future, they can explore any money topic they want. Plus - with KFEC Money Academy, the whole school can get involved!
See for Yourself
There is a lot of depth to KFEC Money Academy - it’s even available in Spanish. Check out these links to dig a little deeper:
Below is a list of schools who are using the KFEC Money Academy program to meet Kentucky's Financial Education requirement for graduation. We'd love to add your school, or district, to the list.
- Belfry High School
- Berea Community High School
- CCPS Virtual Learning Academy
- Christian Academy of Lawrenceburg
- Christian County High School
- East Carter High School
- East Ridge High School
- Glasgow High School
- Great Crossing High School
- Henry County High School
- Hopkinsville High School
- iLead Academy
- Lafayette High School
- Livingston Central High School
- Mayfield High School
- Mercer County High School
- Montgomery County High School
- Owen County High School
- Owensboro High School
- Scott County High School
- Simon Kenton High School
- South Warren High School
- Spencer County High School
- West Carter High School
- Williamstown Sr. High School
- Woodford County High School
Are you ready to apply to use KFEC Money Academy at your school?
Here's how it works:
- The educator completes and submits the KFEC Money Academy Application, which asks for your school, district, principal, two or more contacts, plans for use, and student population.
Once submitted, the principal will receive an electronic document to e-sign. Signing and returning this document affirms the school's intention to participate and allows the application to be processed.
- The Kentucky Financial Empowerment Commission will work with Commonwealth Credit Union to process your school's application.
- Onboarding will begin once approved.
Stay in the Know
Join the Kentucky Financial Educators Network
and discover opportunities to connect with other teachers and administrators. Enter your information and request to be added as a K-12 teacher.
Have questions or want to learn more?