Text to Win Survey Gift Card Promotion Rules
These are the Official Rules for Commonwealth Credit Union’s (“CCU”) Text to Win Survey Gift Card (“Promotion”)
NO PURCHASE OR ACCOUNT OPENING IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE, OPENING AN ACCOUNT OR OBTAINING A LOAN WITH CCU WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION IS VOID IN RHODE ISLAND, FLORIDA, NEW YORK AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Terms and Conditions - By entering the Promotion, you fully and unconditionally agree to abide by and accept these Official Rules. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
- Eligibility - The Promotion is open only to legal residents of forty-seven (47) United States (excluding those listed above) and the District of Columbia who, at the time of entering the Promotion, are eighteen years of age or older and are not otherwise ineligible to participate in the Promotion under these rules.. All entrants must be natural persons. No entries from business entities accepted. Employees of CCU, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, and their immediate family members and/or those living in same household are not eligible to enter the Promotion. Immediate family includes spouse, parents, siblings, children, stepparents, stepchildren, grandparents and grandchildren. CCU reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. The value of each prize represents CCU’s good faith determination of the maximum retail value thereof. For Form 1099 reporting purposes, each winner shall be bound by such good faith determination. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. THIS PROMOTION IS VOID IN RHODE ISLAND, FLORIDA, NEW YORK AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, RULE, REGULATION OR ORDINANCE.
- Promotion Period - The Promotion begins on November 1st, 2021 at 8:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ends on May 1st, 2022 at 8:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST) (the “Promotion Period”).
- How to Enter - No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. During the Promotion Period, you may enter by texting “SERVICE” to 55498. You may also enter by filling out a piece of paper with your name, address and telephone number mailed to P.O. Box 978 Frankfort, KY 40602. Duplicate entries by text or paper entry will be disqualified. Entries must be received during the promotion period. If you wish to be removed from future sweepstakes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will shred your paper entry form. If you wish to be removed from receiving future text messages please follow the directions on your phone. To be eligible individuals must be 18 years of age or older.
- Odds - CCU will conduct a random drawing to determine the prize winner. The actual odds of winning in each drawing depend on the total number of entries in that drawing.
- Prize - The prize winner will be selected randomly monthly by random drawing from all entries received each month during the Promotion Period (Mailed in and Text to Win entries). The winner will be contacted via text message. The prize winner will receive a $25 Gift Card. If the winner cannot be contacted using the information provided with the entry, by telephone, or the prize is not claimed by the 10th of the next month, another winner will be drawn. The prize is nontransferable and prize substitution will not be allowed.
- Other Requirements - The winner may, at CCU’s discretion, be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility, additional release of liability, and, where lawful, an additional publicity consent agreement. If a selected winner cannot be reached, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, or fails to return the completed and executed declaration and releases and other documents as required, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
- Release and Hold Harmless - By entering this promotion, you agree to release and hold harmless CCU, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated entities, and each of their directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives from any damage, injury, expense, cost, death, loss, claim, action, demand, or other liability that may arise in connection with the Promotion, or resulting from acceptance and/or use of any prize, travel to or from any prize related activity, participation in this Promotion, and from any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and/or property damage. Participants in the Promotion agree that CCU has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Promotion.
- Disqualification - CCU reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules or any laws. CCU is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, undelivered, damaged, delayed, garbled, postage-due, or stolen mail, entries, or transactions; for transactions that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly; or for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether typographical, printing, mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, any error or problem that may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Prizes, the cancellation or postponement of the Promotion, each Prize itself, or in any materials related to the Promotion.
- Taxes - Prize winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state, local, and other taxes and any expenses or fees associated with the Prize. CCU may withhold any taxes or other amounts from the Prizes to the extent required by applicable law.
- Background Check - CCU reserves the right to conduct a background check of any and all records of potential Prize winners, including, without limitation, civil and criminal court records and police reports, and entry in the Promotion constitutes the participant's permission for CCU to conduct such background check, provided that additional authorization is necessary under the law. CCU reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify a potential Prize winner based on the results of the background check or failure to properly authorize such check.
- Applicable Law; Disputes - Any dispute arising from this Promotion will be determined according to the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, without reference to its conflict of laws principles, and by entering the Promotion, you fully consent to the personal jurisdiction of the State and Federal Courts located in Jefferson County, Kentucky, and agree that such courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any litigated disputes. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition to participating in this Promotion and being eligible to receive a prize, each participant agrees that (i) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and be held in Frankfort, Kentucky; (ii) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (iii) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winner Information - For the name of the prize winner, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed envelope with a written request for information on the winner of this contest to: Commonwealth Credit Union, Attn: Text to Win Survey Gift Card Giveaway, 417 High Street, Frankfort, KY 40601.
- Amendments - CCU reserves the right to amend these rules or discontinue, modify, revise, or amend the Promotion at any time.
Commonwealth Credit Union is the Promotion’s sponsor and administrator. For more information please call (502) 564-4775 or write to us at:
Commonwealth Credit Union
Attn: Text to Win Survey Gift Card Giveaway
417 High Street, Frankfort, KY 40601