NOTE: Due to technical issues, if you have submitted an application between May 31st and June 10th 2016, please contact the Human Resource Department, at (502) 564-4775 or (800) 228-6420.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Commonwealth Credit Union. Commonwealth Credit Union is one of the largest credit unions in the state of Kentucky and prides itself on superior member service and an exceptional workforce. We are looking for friendly, professional, service-oriented individuals to join our team and become part of the elite group that makes up our staff.
In addition to a positive work environment, Commonwealth Credit Union also offers competitive salaries and an extensive benefit package including the following: health, dental, vision, group life, and long term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), and many other great voluntary benefit programs.
All applicants must have a minimum of a high school diploma (unless they are participating in a high school co-op program) and related experience is preferred. As part of Commonwealth Credit Union's hiring process, all candidates considered for employment will be required to complete the following screening requirements: Personal credit report, criminal background check, reference check, educational background check and drug screening.
Current Available Positions:
You may apply for employment by completing one of the following methods:
- Filling out our online employment application. This document is fully secure. (Please note: Further documentation may be required in order to be considered for employment.) To complete our online employment application, please click here.
- Downloading the employment application and mailing it to Commonwealth Credit Union, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 978, Frankfort, KY 40602. You may also drop it off at any of our locations or fax it to the Human Resource Department, at (502) 564-7205. To download a copy of our employment application, please click here.
Come and join our great organization, where WE CU DIFFERENTLY!
We have a career opportunity available for an Underwriter Specialist I (Afterhours) in the Underwriting Area at our Louisville Road Office location. We are looking for a highly motivated, detail oriented, professional to join our team. This individual must be dependable, have excellent analytical skills, and be able to be decisive in a fast paced environment. It is essential that this individual represent the Credit Union internally and with our Dealer Partners in a professional manner, through image, communication, and knowledge. This is primarily a work from home position, with some office hours required. Schedule to be determined, however Saturday’s and some federal holidays will be mandatory based on business needs of the organization.
Specializes in Indirect Lending and risk analysis. Is responsible for making prudent credit decisions within established approval/exception guidelines, in compliance with all state and federal regulations, and in adherence to all CCU practices, policies, and procedures. Analyzes information received from credit applications and credit reporting agencies to make prudent credit decisions. Must be able to work after hours, weekends, and some federal holidays. Must be possess the skills necessary to work from home and meet the requirements of a work from home agent. Some in office hours are required.
Partners with the Indirect Lending Department to establish, maintain, and enhance dealer relationships. Negotiates terms and conditions of loan decisions with dealers within established approval/exception guidelines, leveraging risk versus reward, to ensure credit quality and profitability. Makes exceptions to normal guidelines when necessary.
This position requires the ability to be decisive in a fast paced, highly motivated environment. Building and maintaining relationships through collaboration and a team oriented approach, with an emphasis on the organization. Performs with minimal guidance and demonstrates superior communication and leadership skills. Completes other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of two years of previous underwriting experience. Previous Indirect Underwriting experience preferred.
- Must be bondable, successfully pass required back ground screenings, and must be able to obtain/maintain required certifications/licenses applicable to position including NMLS certification.
- Must annually attend the necessary training, pass examinations, and maintain compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US Patriot Act, and Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) policy.
Essential Job Specific Competencies
- Review credit report information to determine risk for bankruptcy or non-payment by applying knowledge of standard underwriting procedures and risk analysis.
- Approve, deny, or refer the loan for further review.
- Structures loan to ensure the payment amount and loan amount are affordable for the member(s).
- Detail stipulations of loan approval or counter as well as information that supports the loan decision or referral of the loan application to someone with higher underwriting guidelines.
- Ensure ratios are accurately calculated and reviews loan application information for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain an appropriate level of profitability, delinquency, charge off, and repossessions in line with credit union goals.
- Must comply with Commonwealth Credit Union’s policies and guidelines of risk based loan underwriting, products, processes, procedures, and regulations and relevant governmental laws.
- Effectively recognizes opportunities to cross-sell during the underwriting process and notes the pre-approval in the loan application.
- Ensure confidential treatment of the member(s) financial information.
This position is primarily work from home with some office hours required, mainly after hours. Includes Saturday’s and some federal holidays based on business needs.
If qualified/interested and wish to be considered, please contact the Human Resource Department in writing at P.O. Box 978, Frankfort, KY 40602-0978. You may drop off an application at any one of our locations, or by fax, to 502-564-7205, Attn: Human Resources Department. You can also submit your application/or resume online.
Come join our great organization, where WE CU DIFFERENTLY!
Commonwealth Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status