NOTE: Due to technical issues, if you have submitted an application between May 31st and June 10th 2016, please contact the Human Resource Department, at (502) 564-4775 or (800) 228-6420.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Commonwealth Credit Union. Commonwealth Credit Union is one of the largest credit unions in the state of Kentucky and prides itself on superior member service and an exceptional workforce. We are looking for friendly, professional, service-oriented individuals to join our team and become part of the elite group that makes up our staff.
In addition to a positive work environment, Commonwealth Credit Union also offers competitive salaries and an extensive benefit package including the following: health, dental, vision, group life, and long term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), and many other great voluntary benefit programs.
All applicants must have a minimum of a high school diploma (unless they are participating in a high school co-op program) and related experience is preferred. As part of Commonwealth Credit Union's hiring process, all candidates considered for employment will be required to complete the following screening requirements: Personal credit report, criminal background check, reference check, educational background check and drug screening.
You may apply for employment by completing one of the following methods:
- Filling out our online employment application. This document is fully secure. (Please note: Further documentation may be required in order to be considered for employment.) To complete our online employment application, please click here.
- Downloading the employment application and mailing it to Commonwealth Credit Union, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 978, Frankfort, KY 40602. You may also drop it off at any of our locations or fax it to the Human Resource Department, at (502) 564-7205. To download a copy of our employment application, please click here.
Come and join our great organization, where WE CU DIFFERENTLY!
WeWe have a career opportunity available for a Part-Time Teller at the Georgetown Branch. We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and sales-oriented professional to join our team. This individual must be dependable, have excellent communication skills, must be able to work in a multifunctional, team environment, and must represent the Credit Union in a professional manner, through image, communication, and knowledge.
Accurately performs financial transactions affecting the accounts or loans of credit union members, in accordance with established policies, procedures and applicable laws. Represents the credit union in a professional manner. Maintains acceptable cash/negotiable balancing standards, examines checks for endorsements and other features, follows internal controls to safeguard credit union funds and assets, consistently maintains cross-selling standards and organizes work and maintains accurate records.
Carries out special services for members, such as issuing gift cards, ordering checks, and performing cash advances. Ensures adequate safeguards to protect the confidentiality of the Credit Union and its members. Demonstrates the values shown on the Commonwealth Credit Union Vision, Mission, and Team 1 Values.
“This position does not require the individual to provide detailed information on Home Equity Loans and/or Mortgage Loans; therefore, NMLS registration is not required.”
Education / Experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of two years-related experience
Essential Job Specific Competencies
- Outages: Maintains an acceptable balancing record with all negotiable items; including cash, checks, and any negotiable items held accountable for on a daily basis.
- Cross Selling: Actively cross-sells Credit Union products and services, meeting the minimum required each month. Possesses the necessary product knowledge to be helpful and identify the needs of the member.
- Transactions: Meets the monthly requirements on the number of transactions processed.
- Policies & Procedures: Displays good judgment in making decisions with respect to policies and guidelines. Presents Credit Union’s perspective in regards to policies and procedures in a positive and accurate manner.
- Commonwealth CU Retirement and Investment Services: Meets Credit Union standards in referrals made to Commonwealth CU Retirement and Investment Services.
- Security: Consistently attends all required security training and is up-to-date on all branch security. Maintains a heightened awareness of branch surroundings while protecting the Credit Union from any losses or fraud.
- Training: Eagerly participates in all in-house training offered to staff and shows enthusiasm towards learning new things. Scores at least an acceptable rating on the test and works to improve in any areas that are answered incorrectly.
- Service: Uses the member’s name at least three times during every transaction. Maintains attentiveness and responsiveness to member traffic, while maintaining efficiency.
- Annual Test: Meets Credit Union standard on Annual Product Knowledge Test.
- Miscellaneous: Maintains an acceptable level of errors, attends Marketing and community events to help increase community awareness and carries out all other duties as may be assigned or requested.
The work schedule for this position includes Saturday hours.
If qualified/interested and wish to be considered, please contact the Human Resource Department in writing at P.O. Box 978, Frankfort, KY 40602-0978. You may drop off an application at any one of our locations, or by fax, to 502-564-7205, Attn: Human Resources Department. You can also submit your application/or resume online.
Come join our great organization, where WE CU DIFFERENTLY!
Commonwealth Credit Union is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, disability, political affiliation, genetic information, or veteran status, in accordance with state and federal laws.