Commonwealth Credit Union is owned by its members! You could be eligible to join Commonwealth Credit Union. Join today and start enjoying affordable financial services with a great personal touch from The People You Trust!
Who's eligible to join
Commonwealth CU serves people who are:
- Members of the Kentucky Employees Retirement System
- Members of the Teachers Retirement System
- Members of the County Employees Retirement System
- Members of the State Police Retirement System
- Employees of the Commonwealth of Kentucky
- Employees of any city or county governments
AND…Family Can Join Too!
Your families are eligible, too
Family is important to our Credit Union. If you are related to a current member or someone who is eligible to join Commonwealth Credit Union, you can also join Commonwealth Credit Union. Relatives include your parents, siblings, children, grandparents, grandchildren, uncles, aunts, cousins, nieces, nephews, in-laws and step-family (regardless of where they live!). Click here to learn more about our Minor Accounts.
NOTE: You can sign up any of your minor relatives for Commonwealth Credit Union ownership benefits!
If you're not sure you're eligible, contact us to find out.
If you're interested in learning how your local government agency can become eligible for membership in Commonwealth Credit Union, check out our Business Partner Membership Form.
Your employees will be able to take advantage of great convenience features such as Direct Deposit and Payroll Deduction!
Even if you change jobs or move, once you join Commonwealth Credit Union, you can be a member for life. Just keep your account active and in good standing.
How to join
- Once you know you're eligible just apply online. You can use the same form to apply for additional services, such as checking, when you join. You can also stop by any Commonwealth Credit Union branch.
- A $5 minimum deposit into a savings account is needed to be a member. This is not a fee. This is your money and it begins to accrue dividends on the average daily balance immediately.
- To apply for a loan or credit card when you join, simply apply online
Please contact us if you have questions or we can help you in any way.
$1,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance Policy is available free to members. Click here for more information.